All about Kullu city at one place – places to visit in kullu in may, places to visit in kullu in june, nearest railway station to kullu, kullu to manali distance ,
- In this post by “THE PERFECT PLANNERS” you wil get to know the list of places to visit in Kullu. The experiences in Kullu will be more exploring experiences. Apart from this, in Kullu you can enjoy a more peaceful environment than in Manali, this is because people visit manali more than kullu.
- Kullu is located 40 kms away from Manali (via NH3), so you get both the option to stay at kullu or come back to manali the same day you departed for kullu. You can either take cab or bus from manali to visit kullu or you can by your own vehicle. The roads to Kullu are very beautiful. For some kms your way will run along the beas river which has a very awesome scenic beauty, these beautiful way might stop your vehicle and force you to click pictures with them.
- Kullu is better if you will visit Naggar, Manikaran , etc. It is difficult to cover all this destination at one day. You can visit these mentioned places either by directly booking a cab from manali to kullu. Don’t forget to ask the taxi driver for sightseeing at kullu (if you are not going to stay at Kullu) . You can book a separate cab at kullu for sightseeing (if you are going to stay at Kullu)
- If you have less time in hand and you are thinking to visit kullu or leave for delhi or some other place then the flight option is also available for you. Bhuntar airport which is the only airport to visit Kullu and Manali is located 11 kms from Kullu.
Bus and Cab Fare from Manali to Kullu
(**This rate is valid betwwen Mid of July – Mid of April**)
|Booked Private Cab||Rs. 2000 – 3000|
|HRTC Bus||Rs. 60|
|Volvo Bus||Rs. 600 – 900|
Nearest railway station to kullu
- Joginder Nagar Railway Station : This railway station is located at a distance of 104 km from Kullu. It is the most preferable railway station to visit Kullu. This railway is station is connected to major cities like chandigarh
- Chauntra Bhaterh Railway Station : This railway station is the second nearest from kullu. It is located at a distance of 114 km from kullu
Places to visit in Kullu
1. Explore the Atmosphere of Historical Hotel Palace – Naggar Palace
2. Take a Bath at Unique Manikaran Hot Springs
3. A 14Km River Rafting at Beas River
4. Trek To Prashar Lake
5. Explore the Beauty of Tirthan Valley
Points to remember : –
- If you want to explore more out of Kullu, then you should have enough days in hand.
- It is not like manali where you will get tourist attractions in short distances.
- Kullu is basically a central place to visit Bhuntar, Manikaran, Naggar, Kasol, etc.
- There is not only one place for river rafting. You will get river rafting stations in the way from manali to kullu, the way runs along the Beas river.
- Visiting Kullu by cab or personal vehicle is better. If you are on a budget trip then the option of bus is also available for you.
- Kullu is best for peaceful stay. You can take hotel in Kullu and then visit manali and other places.
- Price of Hotels are a bit similar here and in Manali, therefore, you cannot differentiate them based on this topic.